Physical Description: Due to their similarities with the Elves that most across Aengor are familiar with, those not from Edea might believe that the two are the same in all manners save hue. They would be mistaken. Illian having seen the Elves created by /~/ decided that they were good, yet hosted imperfections still, and so he took a host of Elves into the Starpeake Mountains and worked on perfecting them for centuries. What emerged, many years later, differed greatly from what had originally entered. With light-blue skin, dotted and marked with streaks of light silver, reminiscent of the veins of mithral-rich ore in the mountains they call home. Their hair, while still streaked through with silver, typically tends to be overall in brighter shades of blue than their skin tone. In many other physical aspects, they appear similar to the Elves of /~/, though this is not entirely the case. Their form, while similar in shape to an Elven one, is different in composition. The muscle tissue and bone is thicker, and harder to break or cut, though with a lessened range of motion and might. As such, Irithyll tend to be sturdier than the average Elf, though lacking in strength and dexterity. This is rumored to be due to Illian's inclusion of Mithral in their veins.
Society: As far as the deeper workings of Irithyll society go, the League has little on record. The Irithyll are a secretive people, as those who meet one are often quick to realize. What little we do know of them is mostly topical in nature. They tend to be adept at both crafting and spellcasting. What nobility they possess tends to place great emphasis on these ideals, encouraging the common folk to do so as well. They also place a near reverential value on Mithral, though this does not stop them from shipping huge shipments of the stuff out of their mountains in ever increasing quantities. Perhaps it is due to these traits together that those few who have been inside the Starpeake Mountains report that the huge golems often carrying mining equipment, have been becoming more and more prevalent within the mountains. What else is known of Irithyll is their race's unnatural aversion to open waters, going to almost the point of a common irrational fear held by the race as a whole. Similarly, they have a natural tendency to prefer settling their cities under the open air and skies, and prefer to spend as little time in their mithral mines as possible.
Alignment and Religion: —
Random Starting Ages
|110 years||+4d6 years
(114 – 134 years)
(116 – 146 years)
(120 – 170 years)
Random Height and Weight
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 4 in.||+2d8 in.
(5 ft. 6 in. – 6 ft. 8 in.)
|130 lbs.||+(2d8×3 lbs.)
(136 – 178 lbs.)
|Female||5 ft. 4 in.||+2d6 in.
(5 ft. 6 in. – 6 ft. 4 in.)
|110 lbs.||+(2d6×3 lbs.)
(116 – 146 lbs.)
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Irithyll tend to be shrewd and have great spiritual strength, but often lack physical strength. They gain +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Strength.
- Size: Irithyll are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Irithyll have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Irithyll begin play speaking Irithyllin and Ihonan. Irithyll with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following:
-7 languages here-. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Elven Immunities: Irithyll are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
- Lucky: Irithyll are smiled upon by Illian and gain a +1 Luck Bonus to all saves.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Skilled: Irithyll tend to be talented crafters and tradespeople. As a result, they gain a bonus feat at first level.
Magic Racial Traits
- Innately Magical: Irithyll can cast Detect Magic and Mage Hand at will.
- Elven Magic: Irithyll gain a +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, they also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Mithral-Blooded: Some Irithyll are innately in tune with Mithral and spirit of the Starpeake Mountains. They add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. In addition, Illian blesses them with the effects of nondetection constantly and once per day can cast magic stone, stone shape and, stone tell. This trait replaces Skilled.
- Force of Spirit: Some Irithyll are especially strong of spirit, they gain add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school and In addition, members of this race with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher can cast charm person once per day. This trait replaces Skilled.
- Runic Training: Irithyll brought up in especially Arcane-focused households can gain a +1 bonus to the DC of spells they cast that have the language-dependent descriptor or that create glyphs, symbols, or other magical writings. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against such spells. Members of this race with a Charisma score of 11 or higher may cast arcane mark, comprehend languages, message and, read magic once per day. This replaces Innately Magical.
The following feats are available to a Irithyll character who meets the prerequisites.